Let the love of the brethren continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to stranger, for by his some have entertained angels without knowing it.
Open up your home
- invite strangers and their families over to supper
- make a room in your home temporarily available to someone in need of a roof over the head
- consider opening up our bedrooms long-term to student interns, missionaries, others
Open up your assets
- loan out your nice van to a stranger family for a family vacation
- loan out your truck to someone in need of a truck for a work or recreational project
- loan out your second home at the lake, the beach, the mountains to someone to take their family of vacation
Open up you lives
- give of your time, finances, and other steward matters to make room to mentor, to counsel, to encourage, or to influence someone outside the orbit of our local church.
On that note, Jaime and I are eager to again open up our homes to our pastors and to our church staff members and their spouses to “break bread” together. We will have a little different format than the suppers which we hosted last year. Hopefully, we can find some nice evenings when we can sit out on the newly covered back deck just to share what the Lord is doing with and for us. Of course, this will need to wait until probably September or whenever everyone gets comfortable to such intimate outings.